Wow how time flies! I didn't realize it had been so long since we posted anything! Sorry to you faithful followers! :) Things are going great though. Julia is such a precious baby. She's figuring out that she has a voice now which is fun at times, and sad when she cries. But all in all, we are all doing great! We are both so in love with our daughter it blows me away. I've heard it said, but I'll say it for myself now...I never knew I could love something so tiny! :) I took her measurements on Friday and she had gained 1 1/2 lbs and grew 1 inch! She's still in newborn clothes though. :) Mommy loves that!We have been blessed in so many ways too. Besides all the goodies and clothes she's received, we have been blessed with a handful of "milk angels" as Julia likes to refer to them. She has been on donated breastmilk from day one! She's doing great with it too. And the best part is I get to meet so many amazing moms through it. In fact one of the "donors" has a story similar to ours. They waited for a baby for a long time and then ended up adopting an adorable little girl through similar means of a private adoption. The rest of their story is a little different (for now...who knows!) but they ended up conceiving a biological child of their own when their daughter was 4 or 5 months old. It was very neat to hear their story! The only bummer is they live in Renton so I only get to see them when I pick up milk (or go to IKEA☺).
And on that note...if you know of any nursing moms who have extra milk on hand and are interested in donating it, please let us know or have them contact us! Most of the moms who've donated either just produce a lot or just had bags of milk in their freezer. Actually one mom heard our story and is pumping specially for us cause she produces so much! It is good for 3-6 months in a fridge freezer and 6-12 months in a deep freezer. We'd love to take it off their hands. :)
I'll try to be better about posting at least once a week too. She's not doing much right now but sleep, eat and mess her diapers though. I know she'll be starting the cooing and smiling soon though! She does like to make messes on mommy though. She had a blowout as we got to Target. When I got to the bathroom and opened up the diaper bag, I realized I only had one wipe! That was interesting! She also peed and pooped in my hand...yes, in my hand, on Mother's Day! I just took it as her gift to me. I was wiping her and she decided to let it all go. That was fun.You can check out more pics are at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58548&id=1406567791&l=b9e5e488ed.
Take care!
~J, M & J
No comments:
Post a Comment