*To protect the privacy of a birthmom or birthdad, their names have been changed and are not their real names.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Praise Him in the Storm

Well, I had hoped this post would be a little different, but God had different plans...

A couple weeks ago we found out we were pregnant! After 8 years, God made the puzzle pieces fit and we had conceived! Unfortunately our excitement quickly turned to sadness last night as I miscarried at 7 weeks. :( It was a very hard night, but God is so gracious and faithful. This morning I chose to start it out and let God be my strength and am doing good...His peace is amazing! I am definitely going through the range of emotions, but am feeling God's presence strongly through it all. Josh is doing well too. It sucks and we are sad, but we are trusting that He has a plan and that this will bring him glory. I've asked the questions of why in many forms, but the main one...why after 8 years of barrenness, do I conceive only to miscarry? I don't have an answer for that. But I do know that God does and we will find out when we get to heaven. I also know that our little precious baby is with Him in heaven and never has to feel the hurt and pain of this world. They will only know the presence of GOD in a very real and tangible way! This video will bring tears to your eyes, but it so powerful and speaks truth! Please continue reading after it...



If you are asking the questions of why, and might be struggling with how God does things, please continue to seek Him. He is a GOOD God who has our best interest at heart, and loves us more than we will ever know. We can only see a small fraction of our life, the moment we are in right now, but he has the whole view from heaven and it is perfectly laid out to bring Glory to His name. The whole reason we were put on this earth was to bring Him glory and praise his name, so when moments arise in our life that raise the question of why, choose to Praise Him in the Storm..He is worthy of it!



We are so thankful for our friends and family who have supported us throughout our whole journey. We have 2 amazing little girls that blow us away every day. Their smiles and energy definitely keep us going...God handpicked them for us and we are forever grateful. And someday we will get to meet their little brother or sister, and be together as a family! :)

We love you all...J, M, J, A

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your sad news. I know how hard and heartbreaking it is to try to get pregnant we have been trying for almost 5 years. but I cant picture getting pregnant and losing the baby. you r in my thought and I praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest sister and brother,
    I know this is sad but after watching that video (which brought many tears) I now have more peace. Our babies are ANGELS together up with God. Losing our baby has been the hardest thing to go through my whole life. Though it is hard to understand and I ask why everyday, they know and when we join them someday, we too will know. I love you ALL very much. Your loving sister Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God bless you as rest in His peace and learn to heal from this terrible sadness. I am so sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers.

    Stephanie Bollen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Michelle and Josh, my heart breaks for you. I had 3 miscariages and a life threatening tubal pregnancy after we had Lianna. That was when we decided to adopt and we were blessed with Lisa, Liannas sister. I know what you are going through and your faith is so strong it well get you through this. Your 2 little girls are so fortunate to have both of you as their mommy and daddy. We never know exactly what God has planned for us but I do know He had planned for you to be Aliyahs parents. Take care and God Bless you both. Aloha and much Love, Sally Nespor

    ReplyDelete