"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
*To protect the privacy of a birthmom or birthdad, their names have been changed and are not their real names.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Stranger Praying
A couple days ago I received an email from "A Stranger Who Sympathizes". They were replying to an ad we have on Craiglist. It read, "I have seen this add for quite a while, just know that someone out there is praying for you. My husband and I adopted our first 11 years after we married. I always felt no one understood the pain we were feeling. So I just wanted to say God bless you and please let it happen quick for you. It is the miracle of a lifetime." How cool is that? The very next day Josh ran into someone at the golfing range who had seen our Dear Birthmom letter at a local ice cream shop on the community board. He figured he would start asking the questions of what's going on, etc, but instead he proceeded to tell him that they had adopted all their children and that we are doing the right thing just getting the word out. It was so encouraging. When we start doubting, God brings encouragement along the way...Hallelujah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment