
It has been a very long time since I have written anything, but I figured today was a good day to post. Today is Julia's official adoption day! It's kind of funny how your mind deems something "incomplete" and therefore your heart can't fully embrace something that hasn't yet reached completeness...if that makes any sense. Pretty much, today doesn't really mean anything except Julia will officially take our last name and we will be listed as her parents on her new birth certificate. We'll take some pictures with the judge and all go on our merry way 20 minutes after it begins. However, in my heart it is something completely different. This is the day I have been waiting for, for nearly 5 years. A child to call mine. No more lawyers or hoops to jump through! We can simply move on and love our precious little girl with all our heart! No more back of the mind fears that never really seemed to go away even though we have had an amazing journey and very special birthmom. God has done an amazing job orchestrating this chapter...I wonder when the next chapter will begin... :)
I have been posting most picture updates on Facebook, but I realized that if you aren't on Facebook, you wouldn't know. So here is the link to check out the most recent of pics. :)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58548&id=1406567791&l=b9e5e488edLove you all!
Josh, Michelle and Julia
As a fellow adoptive mom, this post speaks to me. I don't know that anyone who hasn't experienced adoption can fully understand that feeling of holding back that the uncertainty and fear causes. After our adoption day it was like a dam bursting. Even though I already loved our baby girl, it was like I could love her with my whole being. We are so very happy for your family! What a blessing!
ReplyDelete