*To protect the privacy of a birthmom or birthdad, their names have been changed and are not their real names.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My how time flies!

I can't believe how much time has passed since I last posted. We have had so much change in our family, and Julia is doing so many things now! She's rolling, sitting, grabbing EVERYTHING, desperately wants to crawl, and Sunday started standing on my lap. What in the world?!! I can't get over how amazing she is though... Just tonight as I was doing her last feeding, she looks up at me and just smiles. I turn her towards me and give her kisses on her neck and she opens her mouth for a kiss...talk about melting my heart! Oh my gosh, I love her so much! She truly is a miracle and a dream come true for Josh and I.

We are also still in touch with Julia's birthmom and see her on a regular basis...now that is one amazing young lady! She blows our mind. :) Love her! We also met up with her birthdad a couple weeks ago for the first time since the day Julia was born. We are so pleased to say that he truly believes Julia was meant for us, and is at peace with everything...God you are INCREDIBLE!

Another addition to our family...Stephanie. She is a 17 year old young lady who was one of our youth kids a couple years ago. She had been on both Josh and my heart back in July and we hadn't talked to her in several years. I contacted her on Facebook that same week only to find out she needed a family and a place to call home. We knew without a doubt that God had orchestrated the reunion, and she moved in July 23. 3 words describe it: crazy, challenging, but life-changing. In a sense we are now parenting an 8 month old and a 17 year old...and it can be tough at times! I never thought I would be parenting a teenager at 29 years old, but I wouldn't change it for the world. It has been one of the hardest things I have ever done, but to see God's hand at work in it, makes it all worth it. Knowing that we are planting seeds of hope, that will hopefully one day blossom and sprout, is amazing. I have to admit my prayer life has upped a bit since she moved in though! ;)

Here's to an amazing 2010...may 2011 bring many more memories and blessings! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment