While talking to a friend this afternoon about how frustrating birth dads can be, she commented about the whole "why do they get blessed with conception when couples like you actually want to get pregnant and parent?" God gave me the best answer. I said, "Well, I guess the only answer is that hopefully the ending situation will bring glory to God and that the child they conceive, can only be created by the two of them and their DNA and God wanted that specific child here on earth for such a time as when they are here. At that moment it is about the child God has created through them, not about the birth parents."
I have struggled with that question and have time and time again had to fight away the "why me?" feelings. But the reality is, it's not about us. It is all about Him! It's His world for goodness sake! The fact that he has given us life (and life more abundantly!) should be enough. We can go through life always wanting what we don't have and getting frustrated with God as to why we aren't getting it, or we can be grateful for what he HAS given us and enjoy it. I know for myself that so often I get caught up in what I don't have that I miss out on what I do have...But I am learning! :)
I challenge us all to take a step back. To see what we are striving for so desperately with all our strength, and embrace what is before us; to see the every day blessings that we take for granted. If only we were content with what we have, instead of always striving for the "next thing in life or thinking we'd be content if we only had ________, I can't even imagine what our lives would be like. I know for sure we'd make a bigger difference in the lives around us!
Well said!! It is so very easy to fall into the why me attitude.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest I have asked myself that question as I witness what seem to be perfect families with loveing and attentive fathers/husbands, when I did not have that growing up and always dreamed of it, yet had a marriage that struggled for years and watched my kids have a emotionally distant father (he was abused as a child and we learned that abused children do that as a way of protecting their kids, he did not abuse them)and then he got saved and God was tearing down the walls and he was becoming a loving and giving and attentive father and my sons were finally getting that manly input (something I prayed for)and my daughters were getting the father daughter time and right before our 20 years (a year and 1 month away)when we were having the timeof our lives connecting...He dies. Leaving me to pick up the many fragmented pieces of our lives.
So yes that question has come to my mind but although I don't know what the future holds I do know who holds the future and so I give it right to Him. Because what I know is that perfect family... they are probably not so perfect and believing for something no one has a clue about and secondly while picking up those pieces I know that I was held securely in the hands of the best father any child could ever have.
So then I start saying how in the heck did I Lisa Cline get such a Blessed life and then the best part is I get to have fun embarrassing my kids by saying WWWAAAHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!