Sorry for the delay in posts. Its really hard to do from my phone...or rather not convenient. :) But I am visiting with Lana and her family and they let me use their computer so I could get my itouch working...and while that is downloading, I figured I'd post a quick update.
All is going great. :) Aliyah is beautiful and a great baby so far! Our attorney went to court this morning and we have legal custody of Aliyah! He received all paperwork needed to submit to Hawaii's interstate adoption dept and also made the fed ex deadline to get it out today, so Hawaii will receive it tomorrow and the hope is either make same day approval or Thursday morning! My cousin checked flights to Seattle for the next couple of days and after Thursday there were ZERO seats! So I booked a Thursday afternoon flight, praying and hoping we'll have approval! Our attorney seemed to think I was fine, which made me have a little peace of mind. :)
But being here has been as good as it could've been. We've been able to spend time with Lana and her family every day and its been so good for all of us. She is truly an amazing woman and I have treasured every moment spent with her. Got to spend some time on the beach today as well...that was fabulous! I am so glad we now have a reason to come back here...why have I waited so long to come to paradise??? It's definitely a different life here, but I can imagine vacationing would be good here. Island time is definitely a true thing!
Well my itouch is ready to go! Yay!! See you all soon!!! Thank you so much for all your prayers for our family while we were apart...it has been weird being away from Josh and Julia so long, but on the other hand I have loved the "somewhat" uninterrupted bonding with Aliyah.
See you on the mainland soon!!
WOOHOO! Michelle, I am just so stoked for you guys!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
ReplyDelete- becky bradley