Chapter 1 of this journey began early this year with a high school girl that was getting ready to meet us only to end in finding out she had miscarried a few days after receiving our portfolio.
Chapter 2 began in August, in which we had plane tickets and hotel accomodations to head up to Alaska and pick up a little boy that we had been chosen for. However, it ended with no closure as we never heard what came of him.
Now chapter 3 concludes...but with an encouraging ending. I felt like I was supposed to call Claire and let her know how much we cared about her and have been praying for her. So I did. It was great. I think she was a little surpried by the call, but we were both blessed by it. She told me she felt bad it didn't end up as we all had hoped, but I ensured her that we didn't feel like it was a mistake that we had gone on this journey with her. I told her that God knew how much prayer she would need with all that is going on, and that we would be able to gather prayer warriors for her. God knew it; he knew what everyone needed in this chapter. It's over in our book, but it has only begun in hers. She's got a long road ahead that still needs a lot of prayer for peace, so please don't forget about her. It might be a long fight, but with prayer warriors on her side, she will be able to withstand. She also told me that she and her parents have been praying for us; that we would find the perfect child that was meant to be with us. That meant a lot!
It's been a long road, but we are so thankful this chapter had some closure to it. We both said we hoped we'd be able to stay in touch with one another, and I hope that happens. I hope Josh and I can continue to be an encouragement to her in years to come!
So, now we begin Chapter 4...I wonder what adventures are in store for us??? Hold on tight as we embark on yet another unknown journey!
Sweet dreams,
~J & M
So inspired by you and Josh. Aren't God's ways mysterious? Thanks for sharing your journey with us!;)
ReplyDeleteAimee