*To protect the privacy of a birthmom or birthdad, their names have been changed and are not their real names.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Simple, short and sweet

Thank you for all your prayers!

As far as we know the meeting went good. It was very short and sweet, but good. She is SO shy! In fact, as we were driving there, I told Josh how nervous I was; that our first meeting with Claire didn't do anything to prepare me for this one! Josh on the other hand was confident and ready to go. However, as we were walking out to the car after the meeting he said, "Wow, that was a lot harder than I expected!" :)

We did manage to get some giggles out of her though and she seemed to loosen up a little in the 30 minutes we were with her. Please continue to pray for her though. She is hoping to choose a family within the next week or two so she can focus on pursuing a consent from Zach, the birth dad. He apparently isn't as gung-ho about the adoption as he once was...

But she looked great, was really cute and is due May 1...although I'll bet she'll have her in April... :)

Keep up the prayers! Some specific prayer requests are:
  • Her car just broke down. :( They are in the process of getting it fixed, but pray it goes smoothly and is inexpensive.
  • She is looking for a new place to live...has some ideas, but is hoping to move within the next couple weeks.
  • Her and the baby girl's health. Both are doing well thus far!
  • Peace and guidance in choosing an adoptive family for her baby girl.
  • Josh and I's patience. :)

Thank you again...

~J & M

1 comment:

  1. you are having such an impact on these mothers you meet. Taking on their load, sharing their lives with others to lift them up in prayer, I can't believe how much you and Josh can impact someone's life so much just because of the place you are in life right now. It's almost crazy to see... when I think of those girls and boys and families you have brushed shoulders with, I just think of how stinking blessed they are to have you in their lives as friends who care so deeply about them and the children, who will surround them and hem them in with prayer through probably the most trying times they have ever been in... wow. My sometimes cynical attitude toward God is totally being shifted like a mountain as I see and hear about you guys interacting with His children. You are saints. (we all are because we are God's, but I totally see you guys living the life... way to go friends. way to go!)
    - becky b

    ReplyDelete